Chocolate is the best thing in this world. You can make many dishes and snacks with this ingredient. Examples are Churros where you use chocolate as a dip sauce, Chocolate Chip Cookies or Small Donuts. Today a simple recipe with only four ingredients. This recipe is also known as Bounty. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how to make Chocolate Coconut Bars.
What is the definition of Chocolate Coconut Bars
The meaning of Chocolate Coconut Bars is:
”A chocolate bar filled with shredded coconut and coconut milk, topped with milk chocolate. This bar is also known as Bounty”.
Chocolate Coconut Bars
As a child you grow up with different chocolate bars. Well-known chocolate bars are Mars, Snickers, Twix and Bounty. I always liked Mars, Snicker and Twix the most. Besides the chocolate, it was mainly about the caramel flavor. Something you don’t have with the bounty. Years later I could appreciate the taste of coconut more.
The most suitable ingredient for this snack is of course the coconut. I have chosen to add coconut milk as well. This really does justice to true coconut flavor. The recipe will of course tell you how to make these coconut bars, but I will briefly explain this below.
Making Chocolate Coconut Bars
Below I have taken the steps required to make the bars:
- Add 60 grams of grated coconut and 59 ml of coconut milk to a bowl. Start mixing the things together.
- Add 118 ml condensed milk to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Add another 60 grams of grated coconut. Mix everything together.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Make the bounty bar shapes with your hands.
- Put the bars back in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Melt the 250 grams of chocolate au-bain-marie style.
- Dip the bounty bars in the chocolate.
- Put the bars back in the fridge for 30 minutes.
These steps are also clearly described in the recipe below and in the cooking video.
Store & Freeze Chocolate Coconut Bars
When you have made the bounty bars you can easily store them in the fridge. You can also keep them at room temperature for a few days. I recommend eating them within 5 days. If you put them in the fridge, they can of course last longer. You have to wonder if you actually want that, since these bars are so good!
When you have made a lot of bars, you can also keep them in the freezer. Make sure to place them in a bag or container without any air. Also make sure there is something in between each bounty bar. That way they won’t stick together. You can really keep them in the freezer for months. It’s time to describe the exact ingredients.
Chocolate Coconut Bars Ingredients
To make this fantastic snack you just need four ingredients. These ingredients are: grated coconut, coconut milk, condensed milk and milk chocolate. You can find the recipe below or watch the video on my YouTube Channel!
Chocolate Coconut Bars
- Mixing Bowl
- 120 grams Grated Coconut
- 59 ml Coconut Milk
- 118 ml Condensed Milk
- 250 grams Milk Chocolate
- The first step is to add 60 grams of grated coconut, 59 ml of coconut milk to a mixing bowl.
- Mix everything together.
- Add 118 ml of condensed milk. Mix everything until the condensed milk is fully incorporated.
- Add another 60 grams of grated coconut to the mixing bowl. When everything is mixed allow the mixture to set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After an hour in the fridge, shape the bounty bar by hand. Once you have formed all the bounty bars, put the bounty bars in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Add 250 grams of milk chocolate to a heat resistant bowl. Melt the chocolate using a hot pot (au-bain marie).
- When the chocolate is melted dip the bar in the chocolate. Create a layer of chocolate around the Bounty Bar.
- Place the Bounty bars in the fridge for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes they are ready! Enjoy!
FAQ Chocolate Coconut Bars
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions:
What are Chocolate Coconut Bars?
A chocolate bar filled with shredded coconut and coconut milk, topped with milk chocolate. This bar is also known as Bounty.
Which ingredients do I need?
You need the following ingredients: grated coconut, coconut milk, condensed milk and milk chocolate.
How long does it take to make?
The preparation time is not so long. The longest time the substance will remain in the refrigerator. It will take 135 minutes.