I like good chocolate. When I see the chocolate bars in the supermarket from the most famous brands and compare it with good Belgium Chocolate, it’s a different world. If you have a dessert with chocolate, the chocolate needs to be good. For example lava cake or Chocolate Mousse. Another fantastic dessert, but can also be an amazing snack: Chocolate Cupcakes. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how to make Chocolate Cupcakes.
What is the definition of Chocolate Cupcakes
The meaning of Chocolate Cupcakes is:
”A chocolate cupcake is a dessert / snack that contains a small chocolate cake with an amazing chocolate frosting on top”.
As just said, a cupcake is a small cake that is meant for a person. The history of the cupcake goes back to the year 1796. In this year a recipe was found in an American book. This recipe was for “light cake to bake in small cups”. The first document to use the term cupcake was not until years later. This was reflected in the 1828 book Seventy Five Receipts for Pastry Cakes and Sweetmeats.
Cupcakes have been referred to as two different names since the 19th century. One refers to a small round cake that is the size of a cup. The other term refers to a cake that uses ingredients based on a cup.
You can bake cupcakes in different shapes. This can be small individual molds, small coffee mugs, large tea cups, but usually they are baked in metal muffin tins. You can make 6 to 12 cupcakes at the same time. This material can also be made of silicone rubber.
A cupcake can be just like normal cakes without any decoration. With cupcakes you see that the top is provided with a layer of frosting. There are many different flavors and options. In addition I used a Chocolate Frosting for this recipe!
Ingredients for Chocolate Cupcakes
To make this fantastic dessert you need a couple of ingredients. These ingredients are: all purpose flour, cacao powder, salt, baking soda, egg, sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil, coffee, vanilla extract, unsalted butter, powdered sugar and heavy cream. You can find the recipe below or watch our video! To give this dessert some decoration I made a frosting!
- Baking mold
- 125 grams All Purpose Flour
- 80 grams Cacao Powder
- 3 grams Salt
- 3 grams Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 200 grams Granulated Sugar
- 120 ml Buttermilk
- 80 ml Vegetable Oil
- 120 ml Coffee
- 10 ml Vanilla Extract
- 115 grams Unsalted Butter
- 220 grams Powdered Sugar
- 10 ml Heavy Cream
- First we start with our dry ingredients. Get a mixing bowl and sieve 125 grams of all purpose flour, 40 grams of cacao powder, 3 grams of baking powder and 1,5 grams of salt.
- Next add 200 grams of granulated sugar to the dry ingredients and mix everything. When everything is mixed set this bowl a side.
- For the wet ingredients we need a new mixing bowl and add 1 large egg, 120 ml of buttermilk, 80 ml of vegetable oil and 120 ml of coffee.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients mixing bowl and create a smooth batter
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Add 12 cupcakes cups to your cupcake baking plate.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18 - 20 minutes. After baking let the cupcakes cool completely.
- It's time to make the delicious frosting. Add 115 grams of unsalted butter, a pinch of salt and 40 grams of cacao powder to your kitchen machine. Mix everything together.
- Next add 220 grams of powdered sugar, 10 ml of vanilla extract and 10 ml of heavy cream. Mix everything for 5 minutes.
- Place your frosting in a piping bag and put a layer of frosting on the cupcakes. It's time to eat!
FAQ Chocolate Cupcakes
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions:
What is Chocolate Cupcake?
A chocolate cupcake is a dessert / snack that contains a small chocolate cake with an amazing chocolate frosting on top.
Which ingredients do I need?
You need the following ingredients: all purpose flour, cacao powder, salt, baking soda, egg, sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil, coffee, vanilla extract, unsalted butter, powdered sugar and heavy cream
Which Frosting do I need to make?
I prefer with chocolate also a cacao frosting. But make it your own, try new things!