An increasing group of people eat no longer animal products. Being a vegetarian does not necessarily mean that the food is less tasty. A tasty dessert can be a piece of Cake. In this article we will explain what a Vegan Cake is and how you can make your own cake at home.
What is the definition of Vegan Cake
The meaning of Vegan Cake is:
“Vegan Cake is a dessert made without animal products and contains only natural products”.
Being vegan or becoming more aware of your living environment and the animals is a trend that has been growing a few years ago. Although there are many different vegan types, this opens up many possibilities. You just have to look carefully. Of course, a lot is written about vegan on the internet. These are meat substitute recipes. We thought it would be fun to write a recipe for dessert. A dessert is a good first step. I hear you think, a dessert is often without animal products?
Many desserts use milk. You could replace the milk with coconut milk, for example. Then you add ingredients that are filling, healthy and yet also contain calories. Experimenting with this ensures that new recipes come onto the market! Recipes that you can easily make at home, even with your children!
There isn’t a specific original recipe for this Cake. The cake we made contains coconut milk, oats and dark chocolate. There are a lot of other combinations possible but the main rule is that the Cake doesn’t contain animal products. You can find the recipe video here.
- Baking Paper
- Baking Tin
- 170 grams Dark Chocolate
- 375 ml Coconut Milk Full Fat
- 220 grams Oats
- Add 170 grams of Dark Chocolate to a heat resistant bowl.
- Fill a pan with hot water.
- Add 350 ml of Coconut Milk to a cooking pan.
- Put both pan’s on the stove with medium heat.
- Put the bowl of chocolate over the pan with hot water. The Chocolate will be melted au bain marie. Keep stirring in the chocolate until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Take the Coconut Milk of the stove when it thickens.
- Take a mix bowl and add the Coconut Milk and the Chocolate together. Stir everything till it gets nice and smooth.
- Add 220 grams of Oats to the Chocolate and Coconut Milk mixture. Stir everything together.
- Next add baking paper to your baking tin. Use unsalted butter to grease the baking tin. Add the mixture to the baking can. Make sure that everything is even.
- Let it cool for 3 hours in the fridge. Take the cake out of the refrigerator after 3 hours.
FAQ Vegan Cake
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions:
Vegan Cake is a dessert made without animal products and contains only natural products.
There isn’t a specific original recipe for this Cake. The cake we made contains coconut milk, oats and dark chocolate. There are a lot of other combinations possible but the main rule is that the Cake doesn’t contain animal products.
We recommend using Belgium Chocolate beans with a minimum of 54% Cocoa.