Last week I went to Netflix and came across an amazing dessert from Argentina. Earlier I made an recipe about Dulce de Leche. This recipe uses Dulce de Leche to make the dessert reaching a next level. Its better than Chocolate Chip Cookies or Lava Cake. I’m talking of course about Panqueques Dulce de Leche. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how to make Panqueques Dulce de Leche.
What is the definition of Panqueques Dulce de Leche
The meaning of Panqueques Dulce de Leche is:
”An dessert from Argentina: pancakes with Dulce de Leche, a caramel paste”.
What is Panqueques
Panqueques are pancakes from the South of America. The pancakes are popular in the countries Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. They look like crepes, but crepes are lighter. To eat the pancakes you can use all sorts of combinations. These combinations can be sugar, ice cream or dulce de leche.
This dish is amazing. It takes some time to make Dulce de Leche. It took me about 3 hours. After these hours I couldn’t resist to make the panqueques. The combination of both is so good. I made four types with the caramel paste. First of all to experiment, but second of all to enjoy the good food. It’s time to tell the ingredients.
Ingredients for Pancakes Dulce de Leche
To make this fantastic dessert you only need these ingredients: flour, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract and dulce de leche. For the toppings you can use powdered sugar, chocolate sauce, sugar and dulce de leche. You can find the recipe below or watch our video!
Panqueques Dulce de Leche
- Baking Pan
- Gas Torch
- 140 grams Flour
- 250 ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 30 grams Butter
- 15 ml Vanilla Extract
- Dulce de Leche
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate sauce
- The first step is to add two eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix the eggs together.
- Add 250 ml of milk and 15 ml of vanilla extract.
- Add 140 grams of flour to the bowl in small portions. Mix everything till you get a smooth batter
- Next add 30 grams of melted butter and mix everything.
- Use a baking pan with butter over medium heat. Bake the Panqueques.
- When you have baked all the Panqueques add a layer of Dulce de Leche on each Panqueque and roll the Panqueque.
- You can use all kind of different toppings. I used on the first one powdered sugar, second chocolate sauce, third Dulce de Leche and fourth sugar which I caramelized with a gas torch.
FAQ Pancakes Dulce de Leche
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions:
What is Panqueques Dulce de Leche?
This dessert are Argentine Pancakes with Dulce de Leche, a caramel paste that is popular in South America.
Which ingredients do I need for this recipe?
You need the following ingredients: flour, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract and dulce de leche
How long does it take to make the pancakes?
It will takes around 15-20 minutes.