Today a new dessert. In previous articles I have already described several mousse. For example, I already wrote a recipe for the Chocolate Mousse, Mango Mousse, Strawberry mousse and Lemon Mousse. Today also a fruity mousse that can be perfectly served in winter! In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how to make Apple Mousse.
What is the definition of Apple Mousse
The meaning of Apple Mousse is:
”An Apple mousse is a dessert that contains of apples, cinnamon powder, cinnamon stick, honey, vanilla extract and whipping cream. By mixing the whipping cream you get air bubbles that provide the airy and light texture. The mousse can be light, but also thick and creamy”.
One of the things that might be confusing if you are from the Netherlands is the name Apple Mousse. It sounds like “appelmoes”, but that really is a different substance. When we talk about ”appelmoes”, we mean Apple Sauce.
I’ve never come across this dessert in a restaurant before, but it certainly wouldn’t be a wrong choice to add it to the menu. Apples and cinnamon are the best combination. The soft texture of the mousse with the taste of apples and cinnamon completes the dish.
It is important that you use a hand mixer for the whipping cream or a kitchen machine. The second point is the cooling the mousse. I recommend that you use for at least 30 minutes. Of course this can be much longer and even all night. If you take the glass out of the fridge, you can sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top. This completes the dessert. This way you can make a super dessert within a few minutes. Not too difficult, a solution for every home chef! Below the steps briefly explained:
- Wash and peel the apples
- Remove the core and cut the apples in half
- Add the apples in a saucepan with a cinnamon stick. Start boiling the apples
- After 15 minutes add the apples in a blender to get a puree
- Add the cinnamon powder, honey and vanilla extract to the puree. Mix everything.
- Start whipping the cream until you get soft peaks
- Add the puree and the whipping cream together
- Put the mousse in a glass and cool it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes get a glass and add some cinnamon powder on top! Enjoy!
Apple Mousse Ingredients
To make this fantastic dessert you need a couple of ingredients. These ingredients are: apple, cinnamon sticks, honey, whipping cream and vanilla. For the topping you can use some cinnamon powder or walnuts. You can find the recipe below. If you are interested in cooking videos you can watch my YouTube Channel!
- Hand Mixer
- 4 Apples
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 3 grams Cinnamon Powder
- 30 grams Honey
- 3 ml Vanilla Extract
- 240 ml Whipping Cream
- The first step is to wash the apples and peel them.
- Cut them in half and remove the core.
- Add the apples in a saucepan with a cinnamon stick. Boil the apples on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes you can start mixing the apples in a blender. Mix until you get a smooth puree.
- Add the cinnamon powder, honey and vanilla extract to the puree and mix it together.
- Grab a bowl and add the whipping cream. Mix it with a hand mixer until you get soft peaks.
- Add the puree with the whipping cream and mix everything together.
- Grab a glass and add the apple mousse. Put it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Serve the Apple mousse with some cinnamon powder on top.
- You can also keep the mousse longer in the fridge. I recommend at least 30 minutes, but of course a few hours is also possible.
FAQ Apple Mousse
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions:
What is Apple Mousse?
It’s a mousse based on six ingredients: apples, cinnamon stick, cinnamon powder, whipping cream, vanilla extract and honey.
Which ingredients do I need?
You need the following ingredients: apples, cinnamon stick, whipping cream, vanilla extract and honey. For the topping you can use cinnamon powder.
How long does it take to make?
The total time with preparation and refrigerator is 50 minutes. I recommend to put the mousse at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. It’s also possible to increase this. Overnight is also an option.