My latest recipes were: Caramel Popcorn and Fluffy Souffle Eggs. A snack and a breakfast dish. Today’s recipe is so much better. I really enjoyed making and eating it. It’s so easy, but because it’s so easy there is a lot of criticism. Everyone wants to have their meat prepared in their own way. So don’t see this recipe as ”this is how you should do it”, but follow the ingredients. Do what you like best! In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how to make Ribeye Steak.
What is the definition of Ribeye Steak
The meaning of Ribeye Steak is:
”A Ribeye Steak is a beefsteak from the rib primal. You can buy the ribeye with or without rib bone. This type of steak is marbling of fat and really tender”.
As just explained, a Ribeye is a beefsteak from the rib primal. So you have the option to purchase the piece of meat with rib or without rib. When there is no Rib, this form of steak is called Scotch fillet in Australia and New Zealand. I always like it better when the bone is not on it. That way you really only have the meat!
My love for meat really runs in the family. I grew up with it. My grandfather used to have his own butcher shop. His whole family, by the way. All brothers had their own butcher shops. I remember it like yesterday when my grandfather started making his steak. He always put it in the pan very briefly because he loved red meat. It may therefore be that when you see the picture of the steak you think it is still raw, but it is very good to eat for me. I’m used to it. To this day, I try to get the flavor and my steak just as good as how my grandpa made it back then. I have not yet succeeded 100% and I probably never will. But I do know that I am getting close! That already gives me a very good feeling!
Making Ribeye Steak is not difficult. You can follow the steps and ingredients I’ve written down below. Baking time is the most important. Do what you like best. After all, you know how you prefer to eat your steak.
I really recommend you try this Ribeye Steak recipe! Do you like this recipe leave a comment below or leave a comment on my YouTube Channel! I will appreciate that too!
Ribeye Steak Recipe
This Ribeye Steak recipe is really easy. You need a couple of ingredients: ribeye, garlic cloves, thyme, butter, salt and pepper. This gives the dish more flavor!
The first thing you need to do is start seasoning the steak with salt and pepper. Do this for both sides. Make sure there is not too little pepper and salt. When you have done this you grab a baking pan and put it on medium/high heat. Add the olive oil and let the oil become hot. When the oil is hot you can add the steak.
Turn around the steak for every 60 seconds during the 6-9 minutes. I like the meat when it’s 6 minutes, do you want to make it less red you can use 9. How do you know if the meat is good? Feel the meat. I use this trick.
Feel the meat
Put your left forefinger and thumb against each other. Feel the piece of ”meat” of your hand palm. That is soft. That is the same feeling the ribeye steak will have when its medium. When you place your second finger of your left hand (start counting from your thumb) against your thumb, you notice the feeling of the ”meat” of you hand palm becomes harder. That’s the feeling of your meat when it’s well done! It’s just I reminder I always use. I feel the meat.
The next step is to crush 3 garlic cloves with your knife. Add 40 grams of butter to the pan and let the butter completely melt. When the butter is melted you can add the crushed garlic cloves together with the fresh thyme. Grab a spoon and use this amazing flavor of the butter, garlic and thyme and pour it over your steak. You can do this a couple of times.
When the meat is done, it’s time to let it rest for 5 minutes. This is an important step. After the 5 minutes you can start cutting the meat. Use a sharp knife. When the meat is completely sliced just taste one bit to see if you need to add more salt and pepper! Enjoy this amazing steak together with fantastic sauce.
How to make Ribeye Steak
Below you can find the summary of the steps:
- Start by seasoning the ribeye with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Use a baking pan with olive oil on medium heat
- Place the ribeye in the center of the pan
- Turn the ribeye steak every 60 seconds for 6-9 minutes.
- Crush 3 garlic cloves with your knife.
- Add 40 grams of butter to the pan. Let the butter melt.
- When the butter is melted add the 4 grams of thyme and 3 crushed garlic cloves.
- Pour the flavorful butter over the ribeye.
- After 6-9 minutes let the ribeye rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the ribeye in slice with a sharp knife.
- Season the ribeye with salt and pepper! Enjoy your ribeye steak!
Other Main Dish Options
Below you can find some other Main Dish options:
Ribeye Steak Ingredients
To make this fantastic dessert you need a couple of ingredients. These ingredients are: ribeye, garlic cloves, thyme, butter, salt and pepper. You can find the recipe below or watch the cooking video on my YouTube Channel!
- Baking Pan
- 400 grams Ribeye
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 4 grams Thyme
- 40 grams Butter
- The first step is to season the ribeye with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Use a baking pan with olive oil over medium heat. Place the ribeye in the center of the pan.
- Turn the ribeye every 60 seconds for 6 minutes until 9 minutes.
- Crush three garlic cloves with your knife.
- Then add 40 grams of butter to the pan. When the butter melts add 4 grams of thyme and the 3 crushed garlic cloves
- Pour the flavorful butter over the ribeye.
- After 6 until 9 minutes, let the ribeye rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the ribeye in slices.
- Season the ribeye with salt and pepper. Enjoy this amazing Ribeye Steak!
- Cook the ribeye steak for 6 until 9 minutes. The best way is to feel the ribeye. Press with two fingers in the ribeye. Does it feel really soft, than the steak is really red. If you don't like red meat the feel needs to be a little bit harder.
FAQ Ribeye Steak
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions:
What is a Ribeye Steak
A ribeye steak is a beefsteak from the rib primal.
How long does it take to make?
The preparation is 2 minutes. Cooking time is between 6-9 minutes. You just need to cook it the way you like it!
Which ingredients do I need for this recipe?
The ingredients for this recipe are: ribeye, garlic cloves, thyme, butter, salt and pepper.