It’s time for summer again. Depending of course on which country you live in. What could be better than this amazing drink: a glass of ginger beer. Did you know that you can make beer at home without the need for very large brewing equipment? In this article I’ll tell you how to make ginger beer, so you can enjoy it with your friends! You can find the recipe at the bottom.
What is the Definition of Ginger Beer
The meaning of Ginger Beer is:
”Ginger Beer is a drink that you can make with sugar, lemon, water and ginger”
To make this beer you need ginger. Ginger has a refreshing taste, it is slightly bitter. This plant is used to flavor drinks for thousands of years. Doctors in Asia are using this ingredient for medicine. The beer originated in England around the 18th century.
To make this beer you need a number of ingredients. You can buy these ingredients everywhere this is: sugar, lemon, ginger and water. Ginger Ale and Ginger Bier are often mixed up. It looks similar, but it is not the same. The difference is in the alcohol percentage. Ginger Ale does have a ginger flavor, but the drink does not contain alcohol.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make this drink, in addition, the taste of a real self-produced beer can be better than the product from the supermarket. You just need some time! Below we will tell you more about the steps you need to follow to get the best drink. To make something special with the beer you can watch the food videos on the YouTube Channel.
To make this drink you need four ingredients. These ingredients are sugar, lemon, water and ginger. Below we will explain the ingredients.
• Lemon: You can use all sorts of lemons. The type of lemons you use is depending on your origin. There are 6 types of lemons, every lemon will give a slightly different flavor.
• Sugar: You can use granulated sugar, it’s just normal sugar.
• Ginger: Its the normal ginger you can buy at every supermarket
- 240 grams Granulated Sugar
- 120 ml Water
- 26 grams Grated Ginger
- 0,5 gram Dry Yeast
- 44 ml Lemon Juice
- 1,7 liter Filtered Water
- The first step is to make ginger syrup. Take the ginger and start peeling and then grate the ginger
- Grab a saucepan and add the ginger, water and sugar. You can set the gas to medium. Stir through the mixture. Once the sugar has dissolved, you can turn off the gas. Then let the substance stand for at least 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
- After the hour and a half, it is time to sieve the substance. You can throw away the remains. it is important that the brew cools further.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle after its cold. Add the yeast, lemon juice and the water.
- When the cap is on the bottle it is time to shake. You shake until the yeast has dissolved in the mixture. Like any other beer, keep the mixture out of the fridge for 2-3 days. Make sure to keep the bottle out of sunlight.
- The most important thing about adding yeast is the fermentation. Therefore it is important to open and close the bottle every day. This will ensure that the pressure and gas of the bottle is released
FAQ Ginger Beer
Below you can find the most frequently asked questions:
Its an alcoholic drink that you can make with sugar, lemon, water and ginger
To make the beer you need four ingredients: sugar, lemon, water and ginger.
Every supermarket has different types of lemons. Just use the normal lemons.